- When logging into Web Client, the end user sees only black screens instead of live video from the cameras.
- NOTE: Before attempting the solutions below, verify with Monitor Station that the live video is visible.
- If not, then the issue may not be exclusive to Web Client. Visit other Knowledge base articles for those solutions.
- Verify IP Server Ports -
1. On the Web Server, verify that the necessary ports are opened: Ports for External Client Access.
2. If necessary, disable Windows Firewall on the Web Server.
- For details on disabling Windows Firewall, visit Microsoft's How-To Page.
- Create a Web Client Location -
1. Log into the Web Client via an Administrator account.
- If Security is not enabled on the IP Server and Web Client automatically logs in, click Sign Out in the top right corner.
- This should take you to the login screen. Input "Administrator" with a blank password.
2. Click System in the top right corner.
3. From the left tree, click Network.
4. Click the link Set Up a New Network Profile.
- Web Client v4.x - Click Help>Location Setup.
5. Give the profile a name, a desired framerate, and click Add Profile.
6. Tick the radio button labeled Use the Following IP and Ports
7. Verify that the Public IP Address used is routing to the IP Addressed that accesses Web Client and that the ports entered are correct.
Switch to Low Speed Mode -
1. From the IP Server, log into the camera's web interface.
2. Verify the compression of the camera: h.264, MPEG-4, MJPEG.
3. If the camera does not offer multiple connection streams, verify that the compression is set to MJPEG.
4. In Web Client, click on the High button locate in the upper right corner.
- This will force Internet Explorer to connect to the camera's MJPEG streams directly.
Verify Server Ports of Advidia and/or BridgeVMS Cameras -
- Use this Knowledge base article to verify the ports for Advidia and BridgeVMS cameras.